Below you can find links to some presentations Dr Graham Williams has given over the years. Topics covered range from artificial intelligence, introductory machine learning through to sophisticated data science using R.
FOSSASIA 2019 Talk on Accessible Machine Learning with MLHub
FOSSASIA 2019 Panel Discussion on Open Opportunities
FOSSASIA 2018 Panel Discussion on AI
I was interviewed when visiting Hong Kong in July 2017 about the emerging AI and Machine Learning trends, and the general area of Data Science. Here’s three snippets. A longer and produced video is available but requires registration. The interview is subtitled in Chinese.
Data Science Certification Course in Mandarin for Taiwan
Machine Learning using Open Source R – FOSS Asia 2017
FOSSAsia held in March each year is one of those conferences full of energy, with open source developers sitting in the corridors updating and releasing new software “in the moment.” It was a great experience and nice to have had the opportunity to speak.
Microsoft Developer Day
Developer Days were a series of developer events held across South East Asia. Microsoft’s CEO, Satya Nadella, had the opportunity to share his vision for an open source driven organisation with developer audiences number over 1000 in the different venues. Dr Graham Williams followed up Satya’s presentation with a look at Data Science. Here’s his presentation in Singapore: Dev Day in Singapore with Satya Nadella – Microsoft Developer Day – 29 May 2016
And a similar event in Bangkok, Thailand
- Open Data Science Conference (APAC) on Accessible AI and ML for Data Scientists, 9 December 2020.
- PAKDD 2019 Tutorial (with Dr Zhang Le) on Recommendation Systems.
- FOSSASIA 2019 Extended Talk on Accessible Machine Learning. 16 March 2019
- FOSSASIA 2019 Panel Discussion on Open Source in Business, Government and Science. 14 March 2019
- AI Singapore Mentor Presentation on AI, ML, Processes and Model Sharing. 24 January 2019.
- AusDM 2018 Tutorial on Accessible Machine Learning. 28 November 2018.
- AI, Machine Learning, Cloud, and the Conversational Web: Where is it all going?
FOSSAsia 2018 Panel, 22 March 2018, Singapore
- Cloud AI: Augmenting intelligence for personalised service delivery
Keynote 4th Australian Government Data Summit
Canberra, Australia, 6 March 2018
- Unlocking the potential of data through Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Roundtable with Key Australian Government CIOs
4th Australian Government Data Summit
Canberra, Australia, 6 March 2018
- Value Through Data Science: AI and ML
Keynote Breakfast Presentation: La Trobe University
Melbourne, Australia, 16 November 2017
- Asia Data Protection Offices Speaker Series:
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, November, Singapore
- Hands-On Machine Learning in R – Getting Started
SIG KDD Singapore Inaugural Tutorial, 14 September 2017, Singapore
- Extreme Ensembles: Data Science and Intelligent Apps
Melbourne Data Science Week Keynote, 2 June 2017, Melbourne, Australia.
- Machine Learning with Rattle and R
Melbourne Data Science Week, 1 June 2017, Melbourne, Australia.
- Deep Machine Learning for Massive Ensembles
APAC Machine Learning and Data Science Community Summit,
20 May 2017, Seoul, Korea.
- Data Science Certification Course (Mandarin)
Launch, 3 May 2017, Taipei, Taiwan. Reported on NTDTV Taiwan, ITHome, AppleDaily, 101, EZPR, HiNet, HiNet, HiNet, Meet Club, News Buffet, PCHome, CNA, plus some 40 more posts.
- Data Science and Machine Learning with Rattle and R
Taiwan R User Group, 2 May 2017, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Accessing R through Rattle for Machine Learning
Malaysia R User Group, 28 March 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Strata Singapore
- MLADS India
- IT Singapore
- Dev Day Bangkok
- Dev Day Singapore
- 11th Australasian Conference on Data Mining (AusDM-2013).
Canberra, 13 November 2013. A 2 hour presentation on Data Mining, R, Rattle, RStudio, Data and Model Processes, and KnitR.
- University of Shenzehn Seminar – Rattle and Big Data Challenges.
- 14th International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL’2013) – Hefei, 23 October 2013. A panel on Big Data where Graham highlighted: (1) Need to scale down the data for building multiple predictive models over the big data, not the other way; (2) Right time real time analytics; (3) Extreme distribution of data to record level distribution, with data ownership handled by the individuals, not the mega-organisations.
- 14th International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL’2013) – Hefei, 20 October 2013. A 90 minute introduction to R, Rattle, RStudio, and KnitR.
- KDD 2012 – Industry Stream Invited Talk
- ICDM 2012 – Anlaytics in Business
- Executive Thought Leadership Breakfast – Canberra, 23 September 2009 (IBI and Netezza)
- Colloquium on Data Sciences, Knowledge Discovery and Business Intelligence – Sydney, 10 July 2009
- UseR! Statistics Conference – Germany 11-14 August 2008
- Australian Statistical Conference – Melbourne 28 June 2008
- Business Intelligence Conference – Santiago 11 June 2008
- ARK Group – Sydney 28 May 2008